Ultimate Sea-Doo Beach Party with Devin Supertramp
BRP Sea-Doo was seeking a creative solution to primarily promote their SPARK watercraft, and as a secondary requirement, to also provide exposure to Sea-Doo’s full lineup in the weeks leading into their selling season. They had a limited budget allocated to this campaign, so a multi-channel approach was used to maximize the promotional value and impact.
The multi-channel social marketing campaign had to deliver the following objectives:
- Share of Voice/Online buzz and social sharing.
- Tie into the selling season.
- Augment brand model awareness for Sea-Doo SPARK.
- The effort required a “hook” element for media and consumers and should be integrated across multiple mediums to maximize limited budget.
Harnessing the Distributive and Influenced-based Power of Social Media
Partnering with Cramer-Kresselt, LOOK Marketing developed a concept for the “Ultimate Sea-Doo Beach Party” social media campaign that would leverage the inexpensive and easily shareable/distributive nature of social networks to broaden audience reach and amplify the message through partnering with videographer and YouTube star Devin Graham. Graham better known to his millions of fans as Devin Supertramp was tapped to film the video and to lend his celebrity to the campaign to encourage fans to participate in the contest.
Overview of 2015 social marketing campaign :
- A five-week long, two-tier contest beginning on March 24th with one grand prize of a Sea-Doo SPARK and trailer, and an all-expenses paid trip (for winner and two friends) to be part of the filming of the Ultimate Beach Party.
- Tier One: Fans prompted by influencer to show how they would, “#SPARKSOMEFUN” and upload their photos and/or videos on any of the campaign supported platforms. Submissions would be aggregated via a contest app (Wyng) and displayed on a landing page designated for the campaign. Five finalists would be selected in this round to move on to the second tier of the contest.
- Tier Two: Over a five-day period, fans could vote on the entries of the five finalists. Based on popular vote, a winner would be selected.
- Partnering with a social influencer with a talent for creating engaging and entertaining videos, and a large following of active, engaged fans.
- The goal was to have Devin create the final video and a bonus would be that the video would be promoted to his large audience in addition to Sea-Doo audiences.
- Produce the “Ultimate Sea-Doo Beach Party.” LOOK Marketing’s event marketing and logistics team would convert a barren park lake area into the ultimate beach for the ultimate party.
- The LOOK Marketing photo and video production team would work alongside the social influencer in filming the “Ultimate Sea-Doo Beach Party.”
- “Ultimate Sea-Doo Beach Party” video launched on June 15th – to extend the campaign and maximize the limited budget even further while targeting a large audience including Devin’s massive fan base of next generation of boaters.
The “Ultimate Sea-Doo Beach Party” Video
The Ultimate Sea-Doo Beach Party video received over 700K views on YouTube with over 1600 shares. The video had an audience reach of 450K on Facebook, and in total generated content for over 100 posts over a five-month period.
Marine Marketers of America/NMMA
- 2016 Best Social Media in the Marine Industry
Space Coast Chapter of the American Advertising Federation
- 2016 GOLD ADDY: Social Media, Multiple Platforms
- 2016 SILVER ADDY: Integrated Advertising Campaign – Regional/National – Consumer
- 2016 SILVER ADDY: Integrated Branded Campaign